Wireless networking

D.A.R.Y.L.

Beta member
Hello, I was wondering if anyone can help me out here about wireless networking. I am using a Linksys Wireless-G Router (WRT54G) with the high gain TNC antenna kit. Every time my cordless phone rings, I lose my connection, but once I hang up, my connection comes right back... Is there any way to prevent this from happening... or maybe change the frequency settings?

yeha, i think it has to do with the frequency. if its 2.4 ghz for the wirless and 2.4 ghz for the phone, ur screwed. yeah, i suggest u get a 5 ghz phone and above. that'll fix it. radio frequency always screw things up... lol. i dunno if u can change the seting. i think its fixed. new phone i guess...

from linsky knowledge base:
2.4 GHz interference: Your router may be operating on the same frequency as your cordless telephone system (or even your neighbors), or other nearby equipment. Try to change your router's channel to 1 or 11 (the default is 6) and restart the wireless computers. Consult the router's documentation or see Answer ID 470 [font=Arial, Helvetica]if you are unsure on how to do so.[/font]
See if this helped you out

Back
Top Bottom