Wireless Network Help

BigLu

Daemon Poster
I just set up a wireless network for my girlfriend. She just got a computer in her room but theere's no ethernet in her room. There is downstairs. So i hooked up a Linksys wirelesss router to the downstairs comp, and a wireless reciever to her computer. It hooked up and she can get on the internet. Now, how do i set it up so she can get her files from the downstairs computer to her computer?

Just network the two computers like you did and you should see the computers on the netword itself, if they are properly connected. If the computers are both on the network, you should see them both and be able to move files across the network.

you have to set the downstairs computers HDD to share(right click on HDD> go to properties> go to sharing TAB>enable sharing) then go upstairs and go into the start menu and go to my network places.you should be able to access all the files downstairs now and just copy and paste them.

if they are both running xp, you need to run the network set up wizard first on both computers, then it should be alright.

If it doen't work after you have done the aboce, you may have to install som e protocols!! to do this go to network connections and right click on you specific connection and clicl properties. In there you can see alist of installed things and then theres an install button below that. go into that and then click protocols and install them!!! I can remeber their names!!

Back
Top Bottom