Wireless Hard Drive

et0609

Solid State Member
Hi

I am going to purchase a new external hard drive. I want to avoid having to plug it into my laptop via a usb cable as my laptop is wireless.

Is there a wireless hard drive out there?

Or

Is there an adapter that I can plug into the hard drive which will effectively enable it to be wireless?? The hard drive im looking at has a usb b port on the rear. I cant find a usb b wireless adapter anywhere.

Thanks for your help.

I have never heard of a wireless hard drive, that'd be pretty sweet if there is one / you can make it.

yeah , if it has an etherbert adaptor then you could wire it to your router?
just a thought ,
also it may only work if your router supports nas , as it may have to give the hard drive an IP addresss Just another thought?

U wud probably get more errors too, its not 'fatal' if u get an error with wirerless net cos its fixable, but if u had it with wireless HDD itd be a nightmare.

Anubis1980 said:
U wud probably get more errors too, its not 'fatal' if u get an error with wirerless net cos its fixable, but if u had it with wireless HDD itd be a nightmare.

yes i could see that too. you'd be running into the same risks that you would if you were trying to upgrade your firmware over wireless. if your writing something to that drive and connection drops, odds are you would get something currupt.

Back
Top Bottom