Windows XP video card on a Vista

TheReFiller

Solid State Member
Alright guys sorry if this is on the wrong place, but I'm kind of in a rush. My desktop computer has an Intel (something) ChipSet Family video card, which I believe to be considerably better than the NVIDIA MCP67M that my Vista laptop came with. I plan on gaming with this laptop, and I bought the Orange Box in hopes that it would run well. Wrong. All the games run incredibly slow and aren't even playable at all. I've checked everything manually and with scans, and everything is at full performance except for the video card. So to summarize everything:

1. Could I easily move that video card in my desktop XP into my laptop Vista and switching them off without encountering many problems? Would it work?

2. How much do you know about these cards?

Please hurry, I need answers quick.

Best regards, Nathan.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disregard that, I just learned that they aren't compatible with one another. here's my REAL and final question now:

1. What can I do to make my video card run faster without purchasing a new one?

Now guys, I know this is a very overused question, but I have looked at most of the popular sites myself. I found that the often unavoidable techniques that not many think about help influence the process better. For example, someone recommended personally to switch my computer from "Power Saver" to "High Performance" in the battery window. This helped a TON, but it's still not smooth. Any recommendations guys? I'm sure you're all quite educated on this subject.

It's onboard video, you may be able to do something with it but I very much doubt it.

Overclocking laptops is generally not a good idea btw

Back
Top Bottom