Windows XP question

Vitaminx

In Runtime
When I go to start, all programs, my list of programs appears in one long line instead of boxing out from left to right. So to access most of my programs I have to go down to bottom of the list where an arrow is and it lets me scroll down the list. Is there any way to change this. I hate it. I'd rather it be spread out from left to right so its easier to find programs.

Right click on Start, select properties, then "Classic" start menu. You can also customize further from there.

isnt it the classic menu that causes this problem? it does for me. choose the windows xp start menu using that method ^

No, that's why you go to "Customize".

Go in and create folders for internet, cd-dvd, system tools, multimedia, etc. and then move those specific programs to those folders you created or already have. My start menu programs are all narrowed down to about six folders. Very easy to find stuff instead of going down the long list I used to have. Also, by doing this you can delete the useless stuff like "Welcome to Windows XP".

I'm pretty sure I had the boxed out version of all the programs in the normal start menu. You sure there's not a way to keep that menu and have the regular version of all your programs show up instead of them being in one long line.

Back
Top Bottom