Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (NFR)?

darkside212

Solid State Member
Hi all,
I was curious if there is a major difference between this and XP home/pro

I have a barebones computer that needs an OS, and I would like to spend as little as possible as it is really only a internet/light office machine.

The pc is a compaq 5301rsh that I had to put a new hard drive into and the recovery disk was never made.

here is a link to the OS any info would be appreciated
thanks
Paul

http://www.surpluscomputers.com/store/main.aspx?p=ItemDetail&item=SWW13455

XP64 is for 64 bit processors, XP home doesnt have as many security / networking options etc

Yeah I wouldn't recommend getting it. The con's outweigh the pro's. It's hard to find drivers and stuff, I know this because my brother has it on his PC.

Raffaz said:
XP64 is for 64 bit processors, XP home doesnt have as many security / networking options etc

However 98% of home users will never need to go over the enhanced security and networking options. By default an XP PRO install is just as secure as an XP HOME install.

EDIT: The above copy of windows is being ILLEGALLY sold and you could be charged and / or have your copy of windows taken away.

That is kind of what I was wondering...seems a little cheap for PRO

I think I can get pro for $81 through my school..legally :D

DJ-CHRIS said:
However 98% of home users will never need to go over the enhanced security and networking options. By default an XP PRO install is just as secure as an XP HOME install.

EDIT: The above copy of windows is being ILLEGALLY sold and you could be charged and / or have your copy of windows taken away.

It still doesnt harm to have the otions if ya want them and i never told him to get one or the other, i told him basic differences lol

Back
Top Bottom