Windows XP My Computer, My Documents, My Music, My Pictures folders

XPUser1

In Runtime
Needless to say, my PC experience began shortly before Micro-Soft (now Microsoft or M$) came into existence. You may call me a DOS man from the bygone generation.

Anyway, the part about Windows XP that I thought was stupid are those proprietary folders prefixed with "My,” like "My Documents," "My Music," and "My Pictures." Also, I've always felt that the word "My" was very childish. There was nothing I could do, not even get rid of them.

Finally I'm glad that the days of those My folders are now numbered. They will not be used in the next generation of Windows, code named Longhorn, according to the following news article http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/226209_msftnotebook30.asp

I'm sure I will not miss them once I get my copy of Longhorn Will you?

99nasha said:
When is longhorn out in the UK and how much will it cost?

Supposedly in 2006. As for how much it will cost, no one (including M$) really know.

Well if you think about it, xp pro is priced over £200 now. God knows how much this one will cost.

I never liked the My folders, either. I've always created a new folder on the drive to store all of my stuff. Much easier.

Right on TRDCorolla :) It took YEARS for Microsoft to wake up and recognize the stupid part of Windows XP.

also, having to press 'start' to shut down the computer is just stupid... they should sort that out too...

Back
Top Bottom