Windows XP Home Edition will not activate

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
I recently installed a fresh copy of vista ultimate to my pc. I didn't upgrade because I wanted to re-use my xp cd and coz on my laptop. It installed on my laptop (this is about a month after uninstalling it from my pc), it just says that its invalid. It is completely removed from my pc. Is it possible to use this on my laptop, or did I need to do something to the pc before I installed it on mt laptop? Thanks for the help.

Ok, thats a shame. I just thought you could because I was able to re-use my Microsoft Publisher 2003 and Microsoft Office 2003 Standard and reactive them on the laptop.

That type of software is different than OS software, Microsoft keeps a tighter grip on OS's than it does it's Office software, you can imagine why too.

When Activating choose the activate by phone method, it should work, All you do is read 20 or so Letters and numbers to a computer on a toll free number, If that dose not work if will put u touch with a Microsoft employee and they will tell you what to do to activate it

If it is a retail key (not one pre-loaded by dell or someone, but one you went out and bought) then what you are trying to do is legal. Just call them, tell them your computer crashed if they ask and off you go.

Back
Top Bottom