Windows Vista

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
so i recently bought an Compaq laptop from bestbuy for $400.
its pretty cool so far, but it didnt come with an Vista Recovery disc.
So i am thinking of DL off the net and burn it on a DVD, and use the OEM serial key sticker on my laptop.
The OS that came with the laptop is Windows Vista Home Premium, and all i can find is windows vista Ultimate Edition. and my key wouldnt work.
so i was wondering if i can DL the Ultimate edition and install the Home Premium Instead.
Sorry if this is illegal to talk about.
Thanks.

Your computer should have come with a recovery partition. You should use HP's built in utility, and burn yourself a disk.

ah, i see.
i found it, and it burnt 2 DVDs for recovery.
why does it take so much?
is one Vista and the other all the drivers and programs?
my friend got a recovery disc, but his was by Gateway.

One for vista and drivers, and the other for crapware.. i'd imagine. Allthough you'd have thought they would need a Dual layer blu ray disk for the crapware...

ah, i see.
i found it, and it burnt 2 DVDs for recovery.
why does it take so much?
is one Vista and the other all the drivers and programs?
my friend got a recovery disc, but his was by Gateway.

well yer one prolly has vista and the other has drivers an any included apps that came with the laptop

also it depends who the manufacturer is because i got a recovery disk with mine its all just down to the manufacturer

turns out that the discs i made did not contain Windows Vista on either disc.
They are just recovery discs that will do a system restore back to the day i got it.
It would not be able to do a clean install of vista, and i cant do the partition thing unless i use a partition program.
oh well, it was $400. Its pretty cheap for a laptop.

yer most of them at least include some oem branding at minimal like mine does .

Back
Top Bottom