Windows Vista

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
I have a pc running windows vista ultimate. The problem is whenever I try to play a game (doesn't have to be one with good graphics) it starts to run very slowly. So the question is, is it the graphics card or my processor or both. The graphics card is a Powercolor ATI Radeon 9550 Pro 256MB, the processor is an Intel Celeron 2.60GHZ. I have 1536MB RAM too. Thanks for any help.

what game?!!?! you have to give us as much info as possible dont try to get away with just a little bit of typing. we will read it.

umm TBH it could be a bit of both.

could you give us an example of a game it happens on if the graphics arent that extreme its probably your celeron as they are not that great for gaming or multi tasking or general computing.

hell celerons are just crap.

sorry :(

but yh my guess would be the celeron slowing it but on some games it could be both

thanks for the reply. A lot of my games won't even install (probably because of vista). The ones which did install and run slowly include ones such as RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 & 3, Toca Race Driver 3, GTR 2 (only demo), Colin McRae Rally 3, Splinter Cell (came free with pc about 3-4 years ago - not sure which one it is because I never player it until now but a friend has borrowed it). It will run all the games that come with vista properly. If it is the celeron (which I hate aswell) it only has a 256KB cache, what would be a good processor to get? I will have to get a new motherboard, will a Pentium D be good enough? Thanks in advance.

Sorry I almost forgot all of these games worked perfectly on windows xp home before I upgraded.

Yes, it helped getting some of them to run but they still run very slowly. Would a pentium D be any good for vista?

It's probably your graphics card. Celerons are also terrible processors. If you can get a Core 2 Duo, get it, but getting a Pentium D would be better than your current Celeron.

It's probably your graphics card. Celerons are also terrible processors. If you can get a Core 2 Duo, get it, but getting a Pentium D would be better than your current Celeron.

umm he mentioned rollercoaster tycoon and you really dnt need a graphics card to run that i ran that on my 5 year old HP with onboard graphics so its def his processor,

VISTA AND CELERONS REALLY DONT MIX,

you def need a processor upgrade pentium D's are fine with vista i got my 915 running at 3.2Ghz with 2Gb RAM and it runs vista good.

you would be better off with a C2D but if you can only afford a P D that will do ya fine for now

Back
Top Bottom