Windows Protection Error at Shutdown

Nimandir

Baseband Member
I'm posting this for my bro. I've told him to ask for help, but he just doesn't for some reason :rolleyes:

Right now, when I shut the computer down, I'll see a Windows Protection Error and it will say that I have to restart the computer. I press any key to do this and I get the old "It's now safe to shutdown your computer" message. Anyone know how I can fix this problem? (He's running Win98SE)

On a side note, this may be involved with the above error I mentioned. He got an Nvidia video card for his computer a while back. From what I've heard, many people have had problems with Nvidia...my bro was no exception (Though I have never had any problems with my Nvidia card). After a few tries, he finally got it running and everything seemed okay. When he'd restart his computer, he'd see the desktop for an instant and the monitor would kick off. I downloaded the lasted drivers I could for his monitor and I think I've fixed that for him. I still, however, get that Windows Protection Error that I mentioned above.

Win98? Com on! like 2 dayz ago Microsoft sad they will not supoort win98 anymore. My advice save all the data, and reinstall windows using WinXP. How fast his his comp?

He may be able to get XP, I'm not sure. Me and my bro need to get new computers (My computer has a 500MHz processor, so it's very outdated). The problem is, to get a new computer, I'll need money that I don't have.

Please, no more talking about how badly I need to update/upgrade. I've known this for several years now.

Before doing anything else I would download a free copy of Ad-Aware from http://www.4Techies.com and run it to remove parasites, selected trojans, aggressive advertising, keyloggers, datamining, scumware, malware, dialers, and tracking components that are installed by many websites. That may not solve your problem, but it is worth a try. Even if it doesn't fix the problem, it probably will find and clean off lots malware that shouldn't be there.

Back
Top Bottom