Windows not recognizing speakeras

NeciFiX

In Runtime
I bought a USB headset, plugged it in, used it overnight, I unplugged it to listen to music through my speakers. No music will play. I tried restarting. The sounds and audio devices part in my Windows XP Control Panel say there is no audio device. What do I do? I use the Logitech Z-2300, and the remote's power light is on, so obviously the speakers are on. But, at full volume I do not hear anything (not with music on of course), at full vol. with no music on, I can hear some light "shhhhhhh" noises, but, nothing.

PLEASE, PLEASE HELP! In the sound selection area there is only "MODEM LINE 0 LINEBACK" and no M-Audio Revolution, my sound card, help?

When I click the control panel for my M-Audio Revolution it says "No M-Audio Revolution was found. You may need to install the software again."

try reinstalling your audio drivers.. if you know what they are.. if you dont then tell me what kind of computer you have or what kind of a motherboard you have..

if that doesnt work, then keep fiddling with things and you will get it haha..

It turns out my Sound card wasn't fully pushed in, I pushe dit a little and it clicked. I had installed the audio drivers again before I tried pushing it in, when I booted back up, assuming the SC Drivers worked, they didn't. I clicked the "Multimedia Audio Controller" recognized thing, it searched for drivers, didn't find any. I X'ed it out, tried going back to "Add New Hardware", nada, and restarting doesn't do anything. What the heck!?

It turns out my Sound card wasn't fully pushed in, I pushe dit a little and it clicked. I had installed the audio drivers again before I tried pushing it in, when I booted back up, assuming the SC Drivers worked, they didn't. I clicked the "Multimedia Audio Controller" recognized thing, it searched for drivers, didn't find any. I X'ed it out, tried going back to "Add New Hardware", nada, and restarting doesn't do anything. What the heck!?

Try downloading them or using a CD, then when you try reinstalling the driver, use the "Have Disk" option and specify the exact location. The sound card for some reason might not be in the hardware list that Windows recognizes.

Back
Top Bottom