windows media player (internal error)

aliwab

Beta member
Guys im having this major problem with my other computer. It was infected by the sasser virus which i removed. i then downloaded windows media player nine but whenever i start it up after installing it says internal error. Also when im on the internet, i.e(internet explorer) does not respond when i click on hyper text or on a link. Ive tried reinstalling both i.e and windows media player. For i.e it never finishes reinstalling because windows comes up with a message saying '' the software you are installing has not passed windows... and will not be installed''. For windows media player, it reinstalls but comes up with the same problem(internal error).

sounds like the virus did something in the registry
that will not let a program install cuz it shuts the registry update before it has a chance 2 install.

my guess would be 2 uninstall both,reboot and go into safe mode using f8 key, then try installing them from a rw-disk or the cd.

i don't know if it will work but it's worth a shot.

aliwab said:
Guys im having this major problem with my other computer. It was infected by the sasser virus which i removed. i then downloaded windows media player nine but whenever i start it up after installing it says internal error. Also when im on the internet, i.e(internet explorer) does not respond when i click on hyper text or on a link. Ive tried reinstalling both i.e and windows media player. For i.e it never finishes reinstalling because windows comes up with a message saying '' the software you are installing has not passed windows... and will not be installed''. For windows media player, it reinstalls but comes up with the same problem(internal error).
Windows Media Player any version sucks,so why not use something else and forget it.I have never ever used it or worried why i can't.
:D

There's nothing wrong with Media Player. I use it all day long to play my music and listen to live radio. No problems.

What's the problem?

killerdoberman said:
There's nothing wrong with Media Player. I use it all day long to play my music and listen to live radio. No problems.

What's the problem?
I think aliwab said what his was,
so help him/her,meanwhile i use Winamp,or anything else but BG stuff.
Me i don't have any problems.
:)

Quote:Originally Posted by killerdoberman

What's the problem?

also in the case of aliwab , his must of had a bad copy or a virus that's all.

at any rate , i would uninstall it, go to safe mode , run any virus or ad tracker cleaner's, then intall media player.

~mr mixx~ said:
Quote:Originally Posted by killerdoberman

What's the problem?

also in the case of aliwab , his must of had a bad copy or a virus that's all.

at any rate , i would uninstall it, go to safe mode , run any virus or ad tracker cleaner's, then intall media player.
=========
Yes if life was only that simple.I think this was beyond that,but aliwab must have crashed his whole system.Where are you aliwab.
Arent you fed up yet i am.Where are you aliwab ????
:rolleyes:

Same Prob

Man, It bugs me to death that i have the same problem aas the origonal post. I do not know what Virus I had but it messed with my windsock settings thus, I had to reinstall that. Also, Media Player will not work it reports an internal error.
I think I had a worm virus they have been very common on my school's network. Could that have done the same thing as the gentleman's computer.
~Kyle

try installing the player again, there's a new version out now though, ver 10, it's better than 9...that would reset the registry and everything if you installed that, plus, you would get a better player

media

aliweb there is a new new windows media player try to download the new one maybe it will work

Back
Top Bottom