Windows ME Resolution/Colour Problems

get _fighted

Baseband Member
I recently had a large problem concerning Spool32, which I believe I have resolved. Unfortunately, the colour and resolution of the screen is now at minimal settings, and whenever I adjust them, the changes are not present when the computer is restarted.

Any ideas what the problem is and how to fix it?

Spool32 is something to do with the printer settings isn't it?

That is pretty weird, have you tried installing the graphics drivers again? maybe there is a problem with them. It might be best to update anyway if you can find them.

Do you know what video card you have, the full name?
I could find the driver for you and help you set it up.

One way of maybe finding out is to right click the desktop, go to Properties, Settings and tell me what it says after default monitor on:...
This is one way of finding out if its not using default Windows drivers

here you go then :) :

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scr...666&strOSs=22&OSFullName=Windows* Me&lang=eng

You should be able to isntall it straight on using the EXE file, and after a restart, I hope things sort themselves out.
Windows ME has System Restore. Make a system restore point before installing the driver (start, programs, accessories, system tools, system restore), this will allow you that if anything goes wrong, you can go back.
So if you encounter problems with it starting up after doing this (just a precaution) press F8 at bootup and select Safe Mode. Run system restore, and restore back to the point you've just made, sending the drivers back.

It should be fine though, good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom