Windows "Machine Check Errors" everywhere

THEpiGUY

Daemon Poster
I keep getting these errors. There is a little popup in the bottom right corner of my screen occasionally (e.g. what happens when you plug in a new USB device), but about 3 of them come up upon bootup. This started a while back, but it didn't really bother me that much. Now it's just starting to really get annoying. Anyone know how to get rid of these? I've already tried booting without overclocking, so that's not the issue; and keeps doing this after formatting my hard drive. Below is a picture, from Windows' "Event Viewer". I don't have any of the actual occurrence where the yellow popup box is. It only lets you view one error at a time, so for ease I copy/pasted them all into one screenshot, in case you're wondering why there are 3 active windows.

e_200499.bmp

I appreciate all the help I've received thus far. Thanks in advance. I'm open to try anything. If you want/need to see those other Warnings or Informations, let me know. I think most all of them pertain to this error.

Here's the annoying popup:
e_200501.JPG

just a little hint for you (as the pic you have uploaded is massive and won't load)

1/. use .jpeg instead of .bmp
2/. use a clickable thumbnail or resize your pic

Until i can see what you have posted i can't offer any help

:D

OK, it loaded that time, Google brings this result, LINK which offers a few things to check (the first result) it appears it can be cpu or video card driver related, guess you're going to have to troubleshoot one by one.

first off i'd back off any overclocking to stock, if that doesn't fix the problem I'd try a different driver for your gfx card.

I'm picking the oc may be the problem but as I don't have much experience with your cpu anything further would be conjecture on my part

I was looking for new drivers for my system and came upon this:

First of all I would check your CPU and Motherboard drivers, maybe your latest BIOS reflash isn't working right with old nForce drivers for your mobo.

Here's what you want to look at though,
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html

Scroll down and you will see MCAT (Machine Check Analysis Tool) that will decode the MCA logs for you, so it might give you some insight to the problem. If it doesn't work, it may be because I found it in the X2 section so just go to 939, but I bet it works for any proc. Good luck.

Ok, thanks for the response. I'm sorry, I save stuff as bitmap all the time and forgot to convert it. I'll fix that shortly. But like I said, I tried it without the overclocks and got the same stuff. There were even popups when Windows was installing after my format that said that same thing. I just downloaded nVidia's latest drivers recently. I think they were from November 3rd. And I forgot to mention, I have Windows Pro X64. I'm gonna do a little searching from the Google link you gave me. Don't think I'm lazy :p , because I have searched for this before and tried Microsoft's support, but they said they didn't know. I never included the word "hierarchy" in there, so I'll give that a look. Thanks again.

EDIT: Oh, and I didn't know the CPU even needed drivers. I'll download those now...if I understood what you were saying.

EDIT2: All that was in response to DILLIGAF :p I've tried the MCAT before, I think. Can't remember if it did anything.

Back
Top Bottom