Windows Experience Score....:confused:

That1314Dude

Beta member
Windows Experience Score....

Ok, I have a question about the windows score. My current score is 5.9 and I'm not sure why. It says my lowest scoring hardware is the hard drive. I have a 1tb Barracuda 7200 rpm hard drive, with well over 800gb left on it. Also my graphics card is rated at 6.7, I am running a EVGA GTX460, I would think these scores would be higher. I think that because, I just finished building this computer less them a week ago and the last comp I built has higher scores. Well higher graphic scores anyway. The old comp. has a 500gb hard drive with maybe 25gb left. It scored a 5.9 as well. The video card is a PNY XLR8 GTS 250 and it scores a 7.0. Why would this lesser card and hard drive score higher??:confused: I hope someone can help me out.
Thanks.

The hard drive score is based on read/write times and transfer rates. 7200RPM is the speed the disk spins at, but it's the sata bus, cable and standard of the drive that makes the difference. GPUs are measured in cycles per second on their GPU chips i think. Some variations of cards have varying gpu clock speeds depending on board manufacturer. So, a better device may not always score better on WEI.

doesnt really matter anyway, WEI is a crap excuse for a benchmark.

Back
Top Bottom