Windows Emulator

bullzi

Fully Optimized
ok well, this build is really a huge headache, the computer wont run windows 98 or xp but it will however run linux, ubuntu linux... SO, if anybody knows how to fix the computer from freezing while its booting from the xp install cd please let me know, and no its not during the actual installation it freezes when "setup is starting windows" i dont get to ANY text whatsoever. so anyhow if anybody knows how to fix that, that would be great,

main thing, is i need a windows emulator for linux, that gives me a desktop that looks like windows, and one that can run windows games and programs, i know they exist but i have absolutely no idea where to start looking and what to look for...

SPECS
abit vt7 pt880 mobo
p4 2.6ghz ht northwood
dvd-rom IDE
western digital 40gb IDE hd
256 mb pc3200 ddr ram

and yes i have the jumpers set correctly and am using two ide ribon cables, so if anybody has ideas, i really need help... :(

yea i did, well i cant do anything else now, the psu just literally exploded, so its gonna be a while till i get it running again, so sorry about this whole mess

bullzi said:
yea i did, well i cant do anything else now, the psu just literally exploded, so its gonna be a while till i get it running again, so sorry about this whole mess
Hmmm, ya never know, that could have been part of the problem. I guess we will find out when you get a new PSU

hey guys, im not trying to be a smartass by asking this, but how would a psu effect the performance of a computer and give me errors?? i honestly dont know...

bullzi said:
hey guys, im not trying to be a smartass by asking this, but how would a psu effect the performance of a computer and give me errors?? i honestly dont know...
If the computer isn't getting enough power, the parts aren't going to function correctly.

yea but if linux ran, then why wont windows? theres got to be something set wrong... but ive literally checked everything about 20 times, i guess i wont know till i get a new psu

Back
Top Bottom