Windows Doesn't Seem to Boot?

Neunundneunzig

Beta member
Suddenly Tuesday night, my computer seemed to stop booting Windows. Startup repair tried to fix the problem, but it doesn't seem to be able to do so automatically. When I try to start the computer, it comes up with a list of options, including safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with Command Prompt, and an option to start Windows normally. When the computer tries to start, it boots up normally, but a black screen appears and doesn't go away. What can I do to get my computer to work again?

Thank you,
Neunundneunzig

Re: Windows Doesn

Suddenly Tuesday night, my computer seemed to stop booting Windows. Startup repair tried to fix the problem, but it doesn't seem to be able to do so automatically. When I try to start the computer, it comes up with a list of options, including safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with Command Prompt, and an option to start Windows normally. When the computer tries to start, it boots up normally, but a black screen appears and doesn't go away. What can I do to get my computer to work again? Thank you, Neunundneunzig
yeah same thing.................

Yes, there is a cursor on the screen, though it's enlarged when running safe mode. Safe mode yields the same result after listing several files. I believe I was mainly using Avast.

Neunundneunzig

Okay, first thing we have to do is find out if this is a KSoD. Try opening task manager using CTRL + ALT + Delete. Does anything come up?

Back
Top Bottom