windows account forgot password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanatic4Christ

Daemon Poster
well my aunt gave me a computer, its a older dell and its pretty decent so im going to give it to my brother, well the reason she gave it to me was because she forgot her password! is there anyway to recover it without having to buy a new hdd or OS because she DEF doesnt have the cd's haha, she got the computer from her work since they throw out old ones every couple of years haha but anyprogram or anything? thanks in advanced

ignore the message i replyed to you, yeah i tryed that exact same thing earlier today but i messed up and i really see how i did it now! thanks though you helped me realize it! *EDIT* NVM IT DIDENT WORK! IT DOESNT BOOT UP ON IT! wow this computer is really acting up.... you think it could be because i burned the file on the cd from drag / drop then writing it using windows?

Have you tried the Admin account in safe mode and then change her user account password in contol panel- user accounts?

Assuming we're talking XP here.

Use the built in admin account that shows on the desktop when you boot to safe mode, unless the previous owner has password protected it you should just be able to click and enter.

Use the built in admin account that shows on the desktop when you boot to safe mode, unless the previous owner has password protected it you should just be able to click and enter.

its windows xp, BUT its in the older version where you have to type the username / password

That's just a classic logon screen rather than the default, it's not any older. Get into safe mode and it should be the default logon screen (I think) and you can see all the user accounts. Or you can just try typing in Administrator and trying it w/o a password to see if it logs in.

If the system has a Windows key on the side of the tower though, that's all you need and you can d/l a copy of a Windows XP CD and use that key instead of using the used copy of XP.

torrent an XP professional disc image the same service pack as the key you got. It should work fine that way. Saves you from having to break into the system to use the used copy of XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom