Windows 98 or melenium?

jim1

BSOD
HELLO EVERYONE!

I just wanted to know if it is possible to still download a Evaluation Version of windows 98 or even Melenium? just so i can see how they perform on my system.
i currently have windows xp home sp2 but i had past expiriance with 98 and think its more reliable than xp.
All replies appreciated.

That is definitely a misplaced thought. LOL!! 98 was good in its day but compared to XP it is like a 1928 model T compared to a 2005 lexus as far as stability is concerned.

ok what you think about windows me or 2000 and can i download a Evaluation copy still?
Thanks for your replies

Hi mr monger
can i download a Evaluation copy of win 2000 still? and where from?
Thanks for your replies

I really don't believe that you can
The only distributed operating ssytems are only those for example like linux
Windows would never distribute a trial, which may just be assisting pirating companies
But stick with windows xp home sp2
Windows 98 may have been stable in the past
But windows 98 is no match for todays threats of rootkits, viruses and worms

However you can pick up copys very cheaply, Usually from markets etc.
Even check eBay they go under the hammer pretty cheaply.
Regards

That's really nice, if you want to play with W 98, then get 98 SE, but be sure to also get a good Pentium III, and a Brand new Soyo socket 370 mobo ( a 7VBA133U would do)...

r53s said:
That's really nice, if you want to play with W 98, then get 98 SE, but be sure to also get a good Pentium III, and a Brand new Soyo socket 370 mobo ( a 7VBA133U would do)...

Why?
There are a lot of people that still use and run windows 98(SE) I use it in a multiboot system, but spend a lot of time working in DOS applications.
Dos is still a very valuable tool that can be used to analyze system unstabilities and things like that. And the program is actually faster than XP. It can be ran from any system, too.
It is just as safe to use as NTSF as long as you keep a web surfing sense about you.
Please don't misinterpret the speed of computers of days gone by with the power of the operating sytem. It does not do them justice.

Back
Top Bottom