Windows 7 or Vista Drivers for Pavilion ze4300

RhysAndrews

In Runtime
Hey guys.
I have an old Pavilion ZE4300 which has a dodgy monitor and a non-working right-click button. So I thought I'd turn it into a HTPC for my TV downstairs, mainly for fun.

I've installed the Windows 7 BETA and I can't actually get any of the drivers for it. I can't even seem to find any information as to what the laptops specs are, other than it has 512mb of RAM, an Intel Celeron 2.20ghz Processor, and a 40gb hard-drive. Although, it seems evident that the video card is an ATI Mobility Card, or perhaps a "Radeon IGP 340M".

I've tried a number of Broadcom vista drivers for the ethernet, and I also tried a soundmax driver - with no success. I installed the Mobility Radeon drivers for Windows 7 and it installed successfully, but Windows 7 still detects the display as a "Standard VGA Adapter".

I'm not so fussed if I can't find the ethernet drivers (though that would be very nice), I just need the video card drivers and the audio drivers going. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks
-Rhys

PS: If it helps, when I install XP SP2 on this machine everything is already detected, including the sound.

Are you sure your graphics card is supported by AMD in W7? It's still in it's beta stage and I wouldn't be suprised if little more than the HD series cards are supported.

Perhaps it's not.
I've just installed Vista, actually - and none of the drivers are found once more - but I'm still having trouble finding the correct drivers. I'm not sure what ethernet driver I need, or what sound card driver i need.

Back
Top Bottom