Windows 3.11

supermgm

Baseband Member
Hi, i'm currently looking for a copy of Windows 3.11, i was wondering whether it was possible to somehow download it, because it is so old now it must be possible to download free of charge?

Also because i'm trying to get an old Siemens - Nixdorf PCD3Msx up and running, how would it be possible to transfer what ever file Windows 3.11 is to a floppy disc.

Thanks

Abandonware is kinda funny. It is still protected by copyright, but it has been totally abandoned, so Microsoft really does not put any effort into protecting it.

But still, downloading it is technically illegal until it is release under a freeware license.

So basically you gotta buy it to be legal. I'm sure you could find a copy on eBay for a few bucks.

+1 to all that foothead has said above about abandonware - all correct. Microsoft won't put any effort into protecting it and realistically speaking they're never going to pull you over for downloading an illegal copy of 3.11. Technically though it is still illegal.

A minor thing that you may have already noticed, the auction above is for 3.1, not 3.11.

Well, lets say if i find an Windows 3.11 file on the internet, what would it be in, it obviously wouldn't be an ISO, it must be something that can be bootable off a floppy, and if i do get the file some how.... How would i be able to make a bootable floppy? Thanks

your going to have a lot of trouble finding a copy of an OS that is that old. Windows 95 would be a lot easier to find on *cough* tpb *cough*

but if you are determined to find 3.11 look at yard sales and such, maybe even value village

Back
Top Bottom