will windows 2000 pro run on this?

shawn_selig291

In Runtime
hi there, i now my computer won't pass the system requiremtns test, but i have seen people using the same computers as mine and disabling services and stuff to make it run.... my question is there anyway i can get windows 2000 pro running on this computer:
old Intel processor @ 233mhz
32mb ram
3gb hard drive
any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

meh, 32MB ram? well it mit. But it will take long to install. try it out, if not. Than download windows 98!!

I have gotten Windows 2000 on a computer with those specs. It runs kinda slow, but other than that it works. I got it on a PI 120 with 32MB RAM and a 3GB hard drive. What kinda computer is it?

Crabby... said:
umm....it might not even fit on the harddrive. And if it did you would not have any space left.

Windows 2000 takes at the very most 1 Gig with a typical install. It should install fine, as I got it installed on a laptop with the same RAM and HD, but lower proc. It should be fine.

yeah, you'll be able to do it. idk why you would want to. that PC is pretty old

If you dont look after it though, i.e, regular disk defrag, disk cleanup, etc, it will become unbearably slow. The best, would be 95, or 98.

I run Windows 2000 on my laptop, 600Mhz P3, with SpeedStep, 256MB RAM, 12GB hard drive, and I find that slow enough.

Yeah, I had 2000 on a PIII 600Mhz, 512MB RAM, 30GB hard drive, and that was slow. So what did we do: upgrade it to Windows XP. I am still trying to figure out why I did that.

joxley1990 said:
If you dont look after it though, i.e, regular disk defrag, disk cleanup, etc, it will become unbearably slow. The best, would be 95, or 98.

I run Windows 2000 on my laptop, 600Mhz P3, with SpeedStep, 256MB RAM, 12GB hard drive, and I find that slow enough.
Why not more optizme windows? like, Windows server 2003. Most programs support it some dont.. but people can run 2003 with P100MHZ 32MB. Still run fine, Its a optizme system.

Do you mean XP or Server 2003? Because if you mean Server 2003, a lot of people can't afford that. I certainly can't, I am still stuck on a version of Windows 2000 Server.

Back
Top Bottom