Will this PC be any good for some gaming with decent FPS?

borysek01

Beta member
So uh.. my graphic card busted and overheated, I had to get a new one, and I think I could go a bit better, I didn't specify I wan't a gaming rig, so he put up a random one for me. And I took 2 GB RAM extra.

This will be my PC:

Graphics: HD 6670
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.71 GHz
Ram: 4 GB.
Power Supply: Logic 500UB

What do you think?

Yeah should be OK, what games are you looking to play? You might want to think about getting a more powerful CPU and graphics card though. I'm going to assume you want AMD on both sides, so I'd go for a Phenom II X4 965 or a Phenom II X6 1090T if you can afford one, and possibly a Radeon 6850 or 6870.

Nothing wrong with that 5200+ right now. I own one and it's used in a spare LAN party system at home, and other than Supreme Commander (which is thread happy) it runs everything else just fine with the Radeon HD 5870 I have in it.

The 6670 isn't the fastest in the world, but it's also no slouch. It should be OK for the time being.

No idea who that company is, which means it should be upgraded to a name brand unit. Corsair/Seasonic/Thermaltake all make great 650 watt units that don't break the bank. Antec has some good "lower" wattage units, they're awesome for the 350-430 watt range PSUs.

Anything for around 50 pound?
You can try this Antec High Current Gamer Series 520 Watt Power Supply - 80plus® Bronze | 0761345-06205-3 but I think 520W might be pushing it a bit.
Alternatively there's a 550W for a tiny bit more, but it might still be pushing it a bit Coolermaster GX 550W 80PLUS® Power Suppply | RS550-ACAAD3-UK
You can get an 800W one from Thermaltake for £75 if you're prepared to spend that much ThermalTake TR2 Series 800W 80 PLUS® Bronze Power Supply | TR-800P

Back
Top Bottom