Will a laptop ever replace the desktop pc ??

Totally agree with junior777.
also an alternative to a desktop that would be more popular in the future is that every member of the family has a client that log on to a server. Some small clients that does not make noise and heat and only has the performance it needs to logon to the server. So the server makes all the thinking, the client only takes care of the input devices, the monitor and send/resiving signals to/from the server.

EchoNatek said:
Totally agree with junior777.
also an alternative to a desktop that would be more popular in the future is that every member of the family has a client that log on to a server. Some small clients that does not make noise and heat and only has the performance it needs to logon to the server. So the server makes all the thinking, the client only takes care of the input devices, the monitor and send/resiving signals to/from the server.

I'm not so sure I know what a server is for ??? What can it do and can u play games on it

you will be able to play games... but you might gonna have some latency issues. Like if you press left click for shoot, then the shot are gonna apere on the screen like 0,2 seconds later. thats allot for fps games.
i am sure it's gonna be better with time.

a server is a computer that controls other computers or at least have some sort of influense on what it is allowed to do. It can have user data stored on it, so when a user wants to login on a lets say schools computer, all the students data is there to use, no matter what computer he chooses. If your computer is a member of my domain (a server controls the domain) i can tell you what you are allowed to do on your computer. like what web sites you can visit, and how much data you can store on your harddrive, what wallpaper you should have. all sorts of things.

There are also webservers and fileservers. Web servers are the once that you access when you enter a homepage, a fileserver is a computer that have files that you can download via the internet or via your own lan network.

When, as it was already mentioned it depends on what you want to do with it, but yes, I believe that the tendency is to be replaced... I mean even laptops are being replaced my smartphones...so, you get the point.

i'll like to see you do laptop tasks on a smartphone. It's a pain.

in the future we will all have devices in 2 sizes. a small size device (the phone) and a bigger size device (the hybrid (tablet combined laptop)) other then that we will in our home have a server that our monitors can connect to and send visual data wireless.
the server is doing all the thinking and it will send a visual image to the monitor. all these 3 devices will be connected and synchronized.
we will have wireless keyboard and mouse connected to ether the screen or some transmitter that sends input to the server, which then sends the result to a chosen monitor. all family member will be able to connect to the server at the same time and have different user-accounts.

Until the gaming community comes crashing down, there will always be a need for high-end rigs.

:hide:Laptops are already replacing desktops. In my opinion, the world is being taken over by " robots" ( computers, phones. that kind of robot) Just like Media websites, it might be just a hit one wonder. It will be replaced.

Last edited:
:hide:Laptops are already replacing desktops. In my opinion, the world is being taken over by " robots" ( computers, phones. that kind of robot) Just like Media websites, it might be just a hit one wonder. It will be replaced.

No, they are not. Laptops will never match the power of desktops because of their power requirements and confined space. Many people use laptops instead of desktops, but desktops will always have their perks(bigger screens, lotsa power, notably better sound systems)

aPanzerIV said:
No, they are not. Laptops will never match the power of desktops because of their power requirements and confined space. Many people use laptops instead of desktops, but desktops will always have their perks(bigger screens, lotsa power, notably better sound systems)

Exactly a laptop will never replace a desktop either because a has so much power that laptop wouldn't be able to achieve..

Back
Top Bottom