Will this be compatible?

I see two video cards on the list. Which one is your choice?

Either way, the GTX 660 Ti (any brand) is the least for 1st and 3rd person games these days. You might even need more depending on the games. For Crysis 3 on ultra grafix for example, you at least need GTX 680. I heard the GTX 7xx cards of the same level, are very close in price although better. Check it out on Amazon.

It should be more than enough for basic video editing. All parts are compatible, except for the SD card that I'm not sure of.

If you promise you will never overclock the CPU, then look for the non-k CPU version as it is cheaper. If you have any plans for it soon, keep the K version and get yourself a 3rd party CPU cooler.

Good luck with your build.

Is it worth the price difference if it is big?

I think its worth it but you don't have to get a really expensive one maybe this one will be suitable

Intel Core i5 4670K Quad Core Retail CPU (Socket 1150, 3.40GHz, 6MB, Haswell, 84W, Intel Graphics, BX80646I74770, 4th Generation Intel Core, Turbo Boost Technology 2.0): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

its like 10 dollars more than what you were going to get, although, I believe the motherboard would need to be changed since thats a 1155 socket.

Maybe this motherboard, its around the same price point of the one you had picked out with more features and newer chipset compatiabilty

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-Motherboard-4th-Generation-Intel-Core-Processors/dp/B00CXK59QK/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1381145903&sr=1-1&keywords=GA-Z87X-UD3H

Maybe others on the forums may have some input aswell.

I think its worth it but you don't have to get a really expensive one maybe this one will be suitable

Intel Core i5 4670K Quad Core Retail CPU (Socket 1150, 3.40GHz, 6MB, Haswell, 84W, Intel Graphics, BX80646I74770, 4th Generation Intel Core, Turbo Boost Technology 2.0): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

its like 10 dollars more than what you were going to get, although, I believe the motherboard would need to be changed since thats a 1155 socket.

Maybe this motherboard, its around the same price point of the one you had picked out with more features and newer chipset compatiabilty

Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Motherboard (Socket 1150, Z87 Express, DDR3, S-ATA 600, ATX, Haswell, Supports 4th Generation Intel Core Processors, GIGABYTE UEFI Dual BIOS): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Maybe others on the forums may have some input aswell.

Thanks Fujikata-dono.

Actually, I'm not the original poster.

But your input will be helpful to him as well.

And good call, the motherboard with similar capabilities could indeed bring extra costs over the 10USD difference of the CPU's. 1155 socket does not support the 4th generation unfortunately.

I don't think the extra performance over the 3570(k) will help that much if the CPU intensive uses he mentioned was just basic video editing.

I could be wrong, still.

Thanks Fujikata-dono.

Actually, I'm not the original poster.

But your input will be helpful to him as well.

And good call, the motherboard with similar capabilities could indeed bring extra costs over the 10USD difference of the CPU's. 1155 socket does not support the 4th generation unfortunately.

I don't think the extra performance over the 3570(k) will help that much if the CPU intensive uses he mentioned was just basic video editing.

I could be wrong, still.

My apologies I didn't even realize, still getting use to using a forum. :facepalm:

Hey! I'd like your opinions on whether these parts would be compatible. I'm new to building so this is all new to me. Would this be sufficient for a basic video editing/ gaming rig?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/wishlist/EPDOGV9J6DB9

thanks!

Most of that stuff is good. Gigabyte....excellent m/boards(and Asus too are great).

Intel, Of course. AMD = bad....very bad.

Asus make good videocards.

Now the Bad.......

Avoid Consair.......Their stuff is GARBAGE. I now of enough people who have had serious problems with Consair components.

For instance, I know of some who used a Consair PSU for his build.....It went on fire as soon as he turned it on.

Also buy Kingston RAM.......It is reliable and has a good reputation. It might cost more but it is money well spent.

I also personality use Seagate H/drives over Western Digital. Seagates are most reliable from my own experience.

Overall though that is a good build.

Most of that stuff is good. Gigabyte....excellent m/boards(and Asus too are great).

Intel, Of course. AMD = bad....very bad.

Asus make good videocards.

Now the Bad.......

Avoid Consair.......Their stuff is GARBAGE. I now of enough people who have had serious problems with Consair components.

For instance, I know of some who used a Consair PSU for his build.....It went on fire as soon as he turned it on.

Also buy Kingston RAM.......It is reliable and has a good reputation. It might cost more but it is money well spent.

I also personality use Seagate H/drives over Western Digital. Seagates are most reliable from my own experience.

Overall though that is a good build.

I have to disagree with most of this. AMD makes great CPUs for the pricepoints they hit. Corsair (or Consair as you call them) has never lead me wrong. I have yet to have one of the PSU's die on me and some are 4 years old. I've never used their RAM, but I've seen a few friends use it without issue.

Back
Top Bottom