WiFi

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
i have a few questions about WiFi,
1. whats the farthest an WiFI PCI card can go? I can only find the ones that go 1000 Ft.
2. I have an DSL Modem, and I was wondering if I get a Router, do i get two separate connection so two computers can go on top speed, or will they still share a computer?

Thanks in Advance

Normal Wifi cards go about 100-200 feet. If you get a router then you will have up to 4+ (depending on the router) wired connections on high speed internet access. You can have even more computer connected threw wifi aswell to the same router.
If you have any more questions please ask.

what i mean about the router is that i got a 256Kbps DSL connection, when two computers download the same time, they share the speed so they both go slow, so i was wondering if i get a router, can two separate computers download at 256Kbps at the same time?

Teny said:
what i mean about the router is that i got a 256KB DSL connection, when two computers download the same time, they share the speed so they both go slow, so i was wondering if i get a router, can two separate computers download at 256KB at the same time?
It depends what your line speed is. If the line speed is 256KB/s, then the computers would share that speed. So if you were downloading a file on one computer at 200kps then the other computer would only have 56kps to use on the internet.

^Mike^ said:
It depends what your line speed is. If the line speed is 256KB/s, then the computers would share that speed. So if you were downloading a file on one computer at 200kps then the other computer would only have 56kps to use on the internet.
exactly

Teny said:
i have a few questions about WiFi,
1. whats the farthest an WiFI PCI card can go? I can only find the ones that go 1000 Ft.
2. I have an DSL Modem, and I was wondering if I get a Router, do i get two separate connection so two computers can go on top speed, or will they still share a computer?

Thanks in Advance

How far do you need? The record for the longest link established was 200KM for an 802.1X wifi link

Back
Top Bottom