Wich of these cpu is best?

Well, that's kind of a moot question. I mean, the best is going to be very expensive.

Why? What are you inquiring for?

what better? like for example a 3ghz dual core intel core 2 or a 2.ghz quad core intel core 2

That's not helping. I mean, the top of the line CPU right now is the i7...but the highest model is like $1,000 or something.

Why do you want to know? We could compare them all day. It's not that easy.

for the prices witch one is the best from the intel core 2 on the link i have.

It depends. What motherboard are you going to put it in? Are you going to overclock? What are you going to use it for (no sense in getting something you won't take full advantage of). Do you see what I'm saying? You're being very generic. It's hard to narrow things down for you...

in terms of sheer clock speed then the 3 GHz core 2 duo would win
BUT
in terms of sheer volume that the cpu can accomplish in a given amount of time
then its the 2 GHz core 2 quad
BUT
thats IF both cpus are given the same amount of work to accomplish
the clock speed wont me squat if you have a low RPM HDD, or an insufficient amount of RAM
there are other things that come into play as well
your better off telling us what you are trying to do
now if you really want the best
then get an i7 and be amazed (quad core with Hyper-threading)
in other words it works like 8 cores instead of just 2 :D

BTW dude 56013
you have more patience then i do

No, I'm not going to overclock. I use my computer for gaming and video editing.
Thanks disturbed13. You helped a lot. Since the i7 isn't compatible with my motherboard and its too pricey I might get a dual core because I found out that some games don't actually use all 4 cores, but if get save up some money I might get the quad core 3ghz.

I think that I am done trying to help in this thread. Disturbed, he's all yours bud. ;)

:rolleyes: You know, I really wasted my effort trying to get any semblance of statement that actually helped me help you. You know like the whole, "what's your motherboard" thing. I mean, it took this many posts just to get it out of you what you even want to use it for. Sorry, but my patience has run thin.

Get the Q8200 or Q8400. Most games are beginning to outgrow dual core and you always want a quad over a dual for editing.

Back
Top Bottom