Why is Vista so bad?

eslfish

Fully Optimized
I've had it enough to say what I say....I have Ultimate 64-bit...it's terrible. It crashes with programs 70% of the time I open things...why cant they fix anything on it? There is nothing wrong with my PC...the OS is just garbage...I will give it that your able to close things down really fast in it but that's just about it...It can't run any games even if it does support Vista. I've already tried out Windows 7 and I like how many processes are in the start-up (like 10) the OS is actually runnable Anyone else here getting tired of Vista crashing?

EDIT: Could the crashing possibly be from some "bad" versions of my progams? (((if you get what I mean)) my OS isn't bad though...

Why is Vista so bad?

In my experience, it's not bad at all. It's run everything I've installed on it. Games, burning programs, graphics editors, you name it. I have Vista Home Premium SP1 x64.

I think maybe its my games...It crashes when I open things and ALT+TAB and such...my pc is fine...maybe its because some of the games dont support it fully?

I've put together a new system this past week and I'm still deciding which OS I want to use, so I am interested in the trouble you have had with Vista. In the last few days I've had Vista Ultimate 32 bit, XP pro 32 bit, and now Win 7 64 bit installed. I haven't run across any problems with any of them other than RAM limits. I have 8GB installed, so it looks like I need a 64 bit OS to make use of it. XP pro 64 bit is on order, so for now I'm enjoying Win 7 64 bit.

Can you describe in greater detail the problems you are having with Vista Ultimate 64 bit? Is it primarily games giving you trouble? [edit] I guess I'm a slow typer, you answered that before I asked.[end edit]

EX: I use Sony Vegas 8 Pro...when I try importing media the program freeze's like everytime...I'll do a simple ALT+TAB out of Far Cry 2...my PC will just lock up and freeze...it bugs up with Xfire alot too...

EX: I use Sony Vegas 8 Pro...when I try importing media the program freeze's like everytime...I'll do a simple ALT+TAB out of Far Cry 2...my PC will just lock up and freeze...it bugs up with Xfire alot too...

Is anything overclocked? I overclocked a lot once upon a time but got tired of dealing with instability.

Did you have a different OS on your system before? XP maybe? and was it stable?

i built a new comp 2 weeks ago and isntalled 64bit vista and have no problem at all,e verything works perfect.

Back
Top Bottom