Why doesn't my computer like the 1gb memory card

qcarver1

Solid State Member
I have a Compaq Evo D500 Convertible Minitower with a Pentium 4 2.4GHz processor. I got a 1gb ELPIDA EBD10RD4ADFA-7B ddr ecc memory chip to put into the computer to speed it us a little bit but when I put the memory chip in the computer just beeps and does nothing. Is there anything I can do to make the computer acept the memory chip?

Nope your PC doesn't support it. I bet chances are is because its ECC try getting nonecc. Its cheaper as well.

Also some motherboards have a RAM limit my Compaq has a limit of 2GB you can find out using a special program,i used to have it but know i cant find it =(,just look on Download.com or google

could it be some type of a problem with it being dual chanel, and the ram not being dual chanel? i really dont know much about ram, so forgive me if im wrong.

RDRAM is one of the greates RAM to have.

For DDR ECC, I'm not sure, but it could be that ECC is not supported. I should try some ECC on my PCs...

Anyways, The PCs taking ECC registered RAM would be servers.

Error Corrctiing code is a really intelligent flag in RAM and some PCs with non supported ECC might not want it.
Btin theory, it would just not be available.

recon 16 said:
could it be some type of a problem with it being dual chanel, and the ram not being dual chanel? i really dont know much about ram, so forgive me if im wrong.
Actually, if RAM isn't Dual Channel, and the mobo is, the motherboard will actually run as Dual Channel, no matter what RAM is in.

I did not pay much for the memory and will problely just sell it if I can not use it.

lhuser said:
RDRAM is one of the greates RAM to have.

For DDR ECC, I'm not sure, but it could be that ECC is not supported. I should try some ECC on my PCs...

Anyways, The PCs taking ECC registered RAM would be servers.

Error Corrctiing code is a really intelligent flag in RAM and some PCs with non supported ECC might not want it.
Btin theory, it would just not be available.

RDRAM is the greatest ram to have?!? Why would you say that? Its so expensive for so little.

Back
Top Bottom