why is this.

shadydawg

Baseband Member
i have a gateway laptop t-series..everytime i try to power it on nothing happens i plug in the charger i don't get the orange charging light on the front like how it use to light up when the charger is connected it like the whole laptop is dead...i tried removing the ram. removing the battery an holding the power button down for a while but nothing happens..can some one help me with this problem please.

How old is the laptop?

I've known of a few laptops with faulty batteries that won't power up even on AC power.

are you sure the power cord is providing power? it's not uncommon for those to die out. Try taking a volt meter to it and see if it's outputting everything properly.

It has probably died out. This has happened to me many times. Try getting a new one, but DO NOT get a universal one.

thanks for the replies..i have have another issue.. i tried using a next charger and the laptop powers on...now the issue that am having is all of a sudden that charger stopped working..when i try to turn on the laptop the battery light flash about 3-4 times an won't turn on....now i got another charger an it seems to work..i notice when i take the battery out an just use the ac power the laptop will turn on but when it's time to boot up it turns right back off.

Back
Top Bottom