why???

Half Evil

Golden Master
why does evey one say that emachines, suck, cause i could get a emachines computer with 512 ram, NvideaGeforce4 graphics card, 160 gig hard drive, and 17in moniter, for $629 dollars....?

Because that Gforce 4 graphics card will really be a Gforce 2 (GF4 MX), the RAM will be cheapo stuff, the HDD will probably be of low spec (like 2 or 4 MB of cache) and as for the monitor, it'll be also a budget 17" CRT. I would rather go Dell than eMachines. At least it's all brand stuff that goes in them.

oh ok thanks, but i want to do gaming like half-life 2, counter strike source, so i was told not to get dell, but an abs, so please look at my other forum

If it's gamming your into, your right, don't go near dell either. GF4 Ti versions are ok, but there are very dated now. Also, HalfLife 2 is a DX9 game (GF4 Ti's only have hardware support for DX8.1). If it's for gaming, look for a ATI Radeon X800LX or an nVidia GF 6600GT or above in the computer. Both these graphics cards are great for the money.

The ATI one here is the faster of the two, but does not support SH3, and is a bit more expensive.

The GF6600GT will still play all current games and probably any other out this year admirably. A bit cheaper too.

If your doing gaming, go for an AMD processor system, a bit cheaper than Intels offering and kicks Intels arse when it comes to gaming.

Hope this helps.

arrizx said:
oh ok thanks, but i want to do gaming like half-life 2, counter strike source, so i was told not to get dell, but an abs, so please look at my other forum

Well Dell just sucks monkey penis... :D LMAO!!! However, eMachines are good for the money as of lately. But for gaming, I would take a look at this site, they have kick ass PCs for a LOW LOW price. Not only that, but their customer support is VERY GOOD. For a person who doesn't want to build their own PC, this is the next step down and just as good.

http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp/store/configurator.aspx?mid=136

That is the AMD64 Gaming Configurator. If you come up with any questions on what to choose for your needs, PM me or ask here. :D Have fun!

BUILD YOUR OWN COMPUTER.. ITS EASY AND YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOUR GETTING.... as for emachine.. there actually not too bad.. they used to be crap when they used a fully intergrated motherboards.. but now they more upgradeable which was a smart move for them.. andd for DELL .. the XPS computer works awesome on games.. but still build your own computer.. you'll learn a lot and it will be 10 times better and cheaper.

daydreamer said:
BUILD YOUR OWN COMPUTER.. ITS EASY AND YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOUR GETTING.... as for emachine.. there actually not too bad.. they used to be crap when they used a fully intergrated motherboards.. but now they more upgradeable which was a smart move for them.. andd for DELL .. the XPS computer works awesome on games.. but still build your own computer.. you'll learn a lot and it will be 10 times better and cheaper.

Correction, the XPS sucks. If I was going to pay that much, I would go to this site. :D

http://www.hypersonic-pc.com/2001/systems-gaming.htm

Back
Top Bottom