Wheres my hard drive at?

reodan92

Baseband Member
i have 2 hard drives in my pc right now one is a 80 gig and the other 320 gig and i was looking today and it only shows the 320gig one, i saw the 80gb one this mornign but i dont know what happened to it. Also after i lost the 80 gig one i cant see my dvd reader icon anymore, i tried to put in a cd to see if it would read it but it wouldn't.

EDIT: ok thx everyone for the help but i got it figured out, the cable that conected it to the motherboard came out, i guess i accidently unpluged it when i was rewiring the cables around.

hmm the DVD drive thing happened to my mums laptop and i still have not figured it out ??it shows in device manager but needs drivers cnt find them n e where.

but as for yours check in device manager to c if they r installed or even being detected ??

device manager

start menu

right click my computer

properties

hardware

device manager

and c if ur drives r there

Does it show in the BIOS when you start the computer? If it doesnt then its a connection problem. If it does then check in disk management, and see if the drive is there. Click start > right click my computer > manage > and select disk management at the bottom left, is the disk there, and if it is what does it say about it?

i have 2 hard drives in my pc right now one is a 80 gig and the other 320 gig and i was looking today and it only shows the 320gig one, i saw the 80gb one this mornign but i dont know what happened to it. Also after i lost the 80 gig one i cant see my dvd reader icon anymore, i tried to put in a cd to see if it would read it but it wouldn't.

as long as it's a set up as a slave drive and formatted it should show up, if not, just go to devise manager like the other's said.

un-install the drivers and then re-boot, apon restart it will detect it again, and the icon should show up on windows explorer.

ok i clicked disk managment and all it said i had was my c drive which is my 320gig hd. Also when i start up the computer before it usually had a screen where it said locating drivers and it would show 2 items but now it would say no drivers found.

take out the main 320 gig hd, and put the 80 gig hd in it's place, but make sure to move the jumper on the back to make it a master hd. then see if it boots with it, if it does, then it may just be the secondary ide cable.

if it does'nt boot, then boot up to bios using f1 or f2 , and change the boot order to boot from the secondary ide instead of the first ide cable.try using a different ide cable for the second hd if necessary.

EDIT: ok thx everyone for the help but i got it figured out, the cable that conected it to the motherboard came out, i guess i accidently unpluged it when i was rewiring the cables around.[/QUOTEYou were fiddling with the cables in the case and your hard drive stopped working so you came here and posted before you checked the cables were plugged in properly?..:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom