Whats wrong with my PC? *pic inside*

jimrawr

Beta member
My computer lately starting freezing up, specifically when I started to play video games. At first (last week or so) it would just freeze up the game, and wouldn't happen too frequently, but the last few days especially today it was happening all the time. Now its gotten really bad to the point where I can even boot my computer except for in safe mode, where everything seems to work fine. When I boot the computer though, I have all these wierd lines all over the screen. I am pretty sure its the video card, but maybe it could also be the power supply, or the mother board, or CPU?

Why would the problem disappear when I am in safe mode if the video card is shitting the bed? The drivers I had were from June 2009 so fairly recent, but I did try to update to the newest ones which didnt make a difference.. Here is a picture of my bootup..

What does you guys think?

photo-1.jpg

Your graphics card has crashed. If you have integrated graphics, then it's the motherboard. It's a very simple fix. All you need to do is purchase an appropriate GPU for computer and just stick it in.

Yeah, mine does this temporarily. is your card still under warranty ( if its not an integrated ) you can try a few things, like (pulling it out, blowing on it, reinstall drivers) but I don't think that it will do much man.

Back
Top Bottom