What would half life 2 look better in?

allenn812

Daemon Poster
600 x 800 with all HIGH detail and no AA or AF, or 1024 × 768 with MEDIUM detail and no AA or AF.
Thanks guys and gals.

Well it really doesn't take too much time to check it then.

And u are getting a new computer that can't run HL2 better than those?

You might be surprised though. Half Life 2 takes up less video power and more processor, so you might find that you'll be able to run in High in 1024x768 too.

What i'd do though, is go to 800x600, turn on high, and try turning on some antistropic filtering or a Trilinear one, as that'll help textures look better too.

I liek teh look of 800x600 anyway. It looks sharp, though looks better of course with antialising turned on too.

Have a little play in other words.

Kage said:
You might be surprised though. Half Life 2 takes up less video power and more processor, so you might find that you'll be able to run in High in 1024x768 too.

What i'd do though, is go to 800x600, turn on high, and try turning on some antistropic filtering or a Trilinear one, as that'll help textures look better too.

I liek teh look of 800x600 anyway. It looks sharp, though looks better of course with antialising turned on too.

Have a little play in other words.

Thanks kage, well im pretty cpu limited too, (athlon xp 2800). What do you reccamend now that you know my cpu, its going to have only 512 RAM, but will be upgraded to 1 gig within the month. Its also only going to have a crappy pny 6200 for a while too.

I had a celeron and pci fx5200 and i played it fine at 1024x768 on medium settings. So you hould be fine

Back
Top Bottom