What wireless card for DELL Laptop???

karling07

Daemon Poster
My brother just came home with his laptop and had done a clean install of XP on his DELL Laptop (using a disc that did not come with his laptop, just standalone XP).

But unfortunately it has none of the drivers for the laptop! He doesnt have the papers or anything that came with it. So far I've managed to get chipset, audio, and display just b/c there are only a few options:

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...en&s=gen&SystemID=INSPIRON 9300&os=WW1&osl=EN

But he used to be able to wirelessly connect to the internet through a card in his laptop, but i have no idea which driver to download! There are so many network drivers!

I would really appreciate some help; thank you!

I would use an actual ethernet cable and plug it in to the laptops ethernet port. Try that to go online and search for the drivers and to use that link in the above post Narcstudios gave you.

07mackenzie said:
So this will work even if it currently has no internet connection?

No you will have to plug in to a connection. I had the same prob with my dell. It had home ed. and I did a reinstall installed Pro. I ran this utility and it found all the drivers.

Jimi

Ok I ran it and it found the Network, PCI, and Ethernet things but once it said it found the new hardware, still nothing happened. How can I make the Network card (I think thats the one with wireless...) actually install and be useble? john123, as i said above, he doesnt have any of his old paperwork so i have no idea what any of the parts are.

Back
Top Bottom