What will i need to do this?

thatguy512

Baseband Member
Hey forums,

I was wondering what i will need to completely take everything out from my HP Pavilion a6700f and transfer it to a new computer case?I also want to use a different power supply.The only changes i've done to this computer is adding a 9800 GT Graphic card.

This is the computer i have-HP Pavilion a6700f
http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/hp-pavilion-a6700f-phenom/4505-3118_7-33463396.html

This is the case i want to use-Thermaltake Element T Black SECC/Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133087

This is the power supply i want to use-Thermaltake Purepower 500W ATX 12V 2.0 Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153052

With those items,will i be able to fit the a6700 parts into that Element T case?

Thanks computer forums.:)

does it also have some kind of propritary processor heat sink? also look at the front panel pin out, i know dell (maybe HP) loves to use a ribbon cable and you'll have alot of fun trying to figure out what does what when you try to convert it to standard.
other then that its pretty straight forward

and if you are sporting the 1.8 i'd be booking a processor upgrade too.

does it also have some kind of propritary processor heat sink? also look at the front panel pin out, i know dell (maybe HP) loves to use a ribbon cable and you'll have alot of fun trying to figure out what does what when you try to convert it to standard.
other then that its pretty straight forward

and if you are sporting the 1.8 i'd be booking a processor upgrade too.

pardon me,but what is a propritary processor heat sink and what is the front panel pin out?

oh boy, if you are asking these questions are you sure you should be ripping the guts outa your PC and transplanting them?

not trying to be rude.

but to answer your question, sometimes they will use a funky heat sink setup on the processor that won't transfer over to any other case.
and the front panel pin out is all the buttons, lights, and headphone inputs on the front of your case.

oh boy, if you are asking these questions are you sure you should be ripping the guts outa your PC and transplanting them?

not trying to be rude.

but to answer your question, sometimes they will use a funky heat sink setup on the processor that won't transfer over to any other case.
and the front panel pin out is all the buttons, lights, and headphone inputs on the front of your case.

Lol thank you for your honestly,but i believe i can manage this.I think i can put a computer a together.Just not very good with the vocabulary.Ok then what precautions can i take to make sure i won't run into any problems like this?

i'd really have to put my eyes on the inside to give you anymore solid advice.

i'd hate for you to get it all purchased and installed only to figure out you can't figure out how to wire the power button, and the board has no labels. experience is what gets you out of those situations.

you say you "think" you can put a computer together. Have you ever done it? cause i wouldn't recommend an HP to mainstream transplant as your 1st project.

i'd really have to put my eyes on the inside to give you anymore solid advice.

i'd hate for you to get it all purchased and installed only to figure out you can't figure out how to wire the power button, and the board has no labels. experience is what gets you out of those situations.

you say you "think" you can put a computer together. Have you ever done it? cause i wouldn't recommend an HP to mainstream transplant as your 1st project.
Ok now i'm really frightened,but i really want to get this case.I contacted hp and they also said something about the power button and all the extra's like the mic and usb ports etc.What would you sudjust?Should i leave the computer as it is or should i try to figure out the front panel pins?

Take picture of how all wires were attached and use that as a guide line for putting in the new case.

How about this?I buy the power supply and case then buy a motherboard when i can find a decent one that is compatible with all my parts just for the sake of ease cuz i would die without a working gaming computer lol

actually take a picture of the wires and post them here before you even do anything. if they put them in a ribbon cable they won't be labled and looking at them won't do a bit of good. ALSO depending on how propritary they made the board you might not be able to hook up the USB or audio.

but I like your new board idea the best! then you can get a MB + faster processor combo and use all the other working parts from your HP. AND IT WILL BE BETTER!

Back
Top Bottom