What upgrades do you recommend?

BSOD1

Baseband Member
Hi Guys my computers all right and i don't need to upgrade at the moment(and don't have the money). But besides the motheroard, what do you recommend upgrading

MotherBoard P4P800
CPU Intel Pentium 4HT, 2.8ghz
Graphics Card ATI Radeon 9600XT
Sound Card SB Live!
Old Ass Floppy Drive
Disk Drive Maxtor 6Y060LO (60 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133)
Built in Network Adapter
Memory OCZ 512X2 Dual Channel
8 USB 2 Ports
DVD Drive
Power Supply 350W Enermax PSU

Might Have forgot other things

oh and this program i downloaded that gets all the info on the computer, including all drivers and benchmarks for your Computer called Everest, don't know where i got it, but it is usefulll, expecially if you are reformatting

Well this depends, what do you do most on your comp? If you game a lot, then you are probably gonna want to get a new video card, or if you're just a casual gamer or don't play a lot of the newer, more graphic intense games you could stick with your current card. And you might wanna add another hdd depending on how much space is on your current one. Everything else is fine.

winterfreshpwnz said:
Well this depends, what do you do most on your comp? If you game a lot, then you are probably gonna want to get a new video card, or if you're just a casual gamer or don't play a lot of the newer, more graphic intense games you could stick with your current card. And you might wanna add another hdd depending on how much space is on your current one. Everything else is fine.

HDD i don't need, even with a lot of games, you don't play all at the same time, so i just uninstall and save the saves. A graphics card i am in the market for, but i will only get anything below $250 that would be a substantial upgrade, so i will bide my time. The only demanding game i got is Half Life 2, and it plays it ok. But in the next few months, it might be unavoidable and i will have to get a new one. Maybe the current crop of high end graphics cards will be cheaper in a few months

Back
Top Bottom