What are standard tabs on an HD

viperman

Solid State Member
Seagate has agreed to replace my HD, but they are warning me that the replacement drive will have standard tabs. I dont understand what that means. I am skilled enough to piece together a system from spare parts, in fact I have built all the PCs I have owned.

My seagate part number is 9W2005-032, the customer service rep is telling me the standard tab is going to end in -001 through -010 or -301 through -3xx.

I obviously have all the drivers and a full copy of windows, which I dont even need because this is a slave HD.

Will I be able to replace my current slave with this HD that has standard tabs?

money_man said:
why didnt you just ask them what the standard tab thingy is?

I did ask them and they said basically what I have written above. Here is what they said word for word... "In regards to your query, the term 'standard tab' is referred last three digits of the part number (9W2005-032 i.e after the - ) represents the tab number. Example : 001, 002, 003, 004 to 010 are Standard tabs even 301 to 3xx are Standard tabs."

They aren't very helpful as you can see. In fact it took excessive complaining on my part to get them to even agree to warranty the HD. After that they started with the standard tab and that it may not work in my computer and then they wanted a proof of purchase.

I have finally gotten through all the hoops and all thats left is the issuance of an RMA but every email from them has a blaring warning that standard tabs may not work in computer. Before I agree to send in my HD, I want to make sure I can use the standard tab HD

who cares if they send u one with standard tabs at least its better than not getting one at all. your right they're not very helpful

Back
Top Bottom