what should i buy???

mini_2003

Daemon Poster
I have an older Toshiba labtop, probably 1999 or 2000, and I want to buy one of those cards that will let me surf the net ANYWHERE in the range of a wireless station place. I don't know what I need, but I know there is something like it. This is mainly for home though, and at home, I have a 2Wire SBC YAHOO thing connected to my main desktop, so basically i just wanna get a card that will let me get the singal off of that, but that will also let me go to coffeeshops and use the net..

thanks

Go to Newegg and search "wireless pcmcia." There are many options. I have a linksys wireless pcmcia. It works great.

yeah, but with these wireless pcmcia, do i have to configure anything, or can i just go to a coffee shop that supports the internet thing, and use it?

i want one that i can be able to use during work, without having to configure it.

thanks

you will have to set up a new wireless connection for every different network you use, i.e. home you will have a connection, work and coffee shop will have diff connections too. it only takes a min to do

what do you mean by setting up a different network for each place? what do i have to do?

so basically if i buy that dlink, i can work at home off my dsl and go to coffeeshops right, my only question is how do u set up the different netwrks, does anyone have a link.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom