What is OverClock?

T-Doit

In Runtime
I'm not really like the Best Computer Guy, and what is OverClocking, and if its good, How do u do it?

overclocking is going into the bios settings and changing the FSB and voltage and such as to create a much faster machine. the key is to go until you become unstable and tehn go back a little so your still stable. for video cards you can use ATI tool or coolbits to overclock ATI and Nvidia cards. just go until you start seeing artifacts or until they are very very hot.

Ocing

Well I am dumb too man so I will explain this in our own way.

Overclocking also known as OCin is done to CPU's and videocards to get a better FPS I OC my radeon 9600pro to get a avg about 90 fps on counter strike source. I use ATI tool google it... BUT WARNING OCin CAN FRY YOUR VIDEOCARD!!!! MAKE SHURE U HAVE GOOD COOLING!!!!!!! other wise send me a pic of what happnes cuz I never seen a burnt comp.

The best way to put it is making things run faster than they were designed to ;P Making a 1.6GHz processor running at 1.8+

Usally you have to unlock the procesoor somehow*guides can be found online* then get into your bios or find the jumpers on your mobo(for old OLD stuff now ;P) and set them to faster speeds.

If you don't know how to get into the bios, I wouldn't even try OCing... It's quite dangerous and sometimes you have to get into your computer, say to reset it if something goes wrong...

Back
Top Bottom