What laptop brand would you choose?

emoeskaite

Beta member
Which brand would you choose if you were buying one with Win8 and why? And wich companies don't you like?

You need to supply some basic information, if you wish to get a viable response.

How will this laptop be used?

Travel, where weight, and portability is a prime concern?

Primarily gaming?

Primarily business use?

Desktop replacement, primarily for daily home use?

Are state of the art CPU & GPU required?

Is cost a factor?

Hameister? Seriously? Come on man! You know emouskaite means this in general.

Ofcour,se they are aspects, but those aren't relevant now.
Uhm.
First of all, Win8 sucks hard. You whole CPU is going down. Win8 takes to much energy for nothing.

Besides that to answer your question. In general..
Gaming = Razor or MSI
Multimedia = Samsung or an MSI

Hameister? Seriously? Come on man! You know emouskaite means this in general.

Ofcour,se they are aspects, but those aren't relevant now.
Uhm.
First of all, Win8 sucks hard. You whole CPU is going down. Win8 takes to much energy for nothing.

Besides that to answer your question. In general..
Gaming = Razor or MSI
Multimedia = Samsung or an MSI

You have a very poor attitude, and accomplished nothing but displaying your ignorance.

How, where, and under what circumstances a computer is used, is absolutely relevant with regards to which manufacturer, and type, a knowledgeable person would recommend.

You don't even know his budget, but you're giving advice.

Your village called....their ***** is missing!

To Bolino:
You really need to be more adult on this forum. This isn't YouTube, it's a forum for Administrators, Tech-supporters, Programmers and other people with technology as an interest. (also for people seeking help and advice)
I do however think as you that emoeskaite meant in general and he wanted to know what others would buy and why.

As for the question:
I am a big fan of Lenovo, MSI and HP.
Lenovo for Business. I just plane out think they make the best laptops for Business. Lenovo are mostly also a "Business ONLY" company.
HP for an all around good laptop. I always stumble across a good HP for the money when a search for laptops.
MSI for there beastly gaming laptops. MSI are focused on gaming and they make better laptops for the money then Alienware does.
They also most of the time have buttons and stuff that are not average on a laptop.
So i like MSI laptops allot. I'll not buy one though, i only game on my gaming rig. i don't need gaming where ever i go.

I am not a huge fan of Packard-Bell.
I personally think they make some bad designs, and they very really beat an HP as an all around machine for the price.

Last edited:
Bolino = fail.

It's yet to be seen how the final Win 8 will be but I'm intrigued. I've been playing with the Developer Preview and then the Consumer Preview of Win8 for months now and the only thing I know for sure is that it's going to confuse the hell out of a lot of people...that's really the only thing I'm certain of at this point.

As for laptop manufacturers, I too am a big fan of HP/Compaq. I've had many of them over the years, from an old (10yrs old ++) Compaq that still works to a couple netbooks (original Atom CPU with 1 GB RAM...I hit 80 on my Death Knight on one of those little things...lol) to the custom Pavilion DV6 I ordered to my specs directly from HP before leaving Afghanistan. They've all far exceeded my expectations.

You need to supply some basic information, if you wish to get a viable response.

How will this laptop be used?

Travel, where weight, and portability is a prime concern?

Primarily gaming?

Primarily business use?

Desktop replacement, primarily for daily home use?

Are state of the art CPU & GPU required?

Is cost a factor?

I agree with here Hameister, You need to consider these factors..

I don't have a problem with ASUS, HP/Compaq are alright and so is Acer, don't like Toshiba and Dell very much and I also don't mind Lenovo and also Apple are good.

Acer; because I've had good experiences with Acer. I have a netbook though, and sadly is not Acer... Gawd, I can't even remember WHAT it is. 'o_O Been ages since I've used it. Anyway, IDK... I guess I'd like to stick to an Acer, if an ordinary laptop... besides, they have nice designs, IMO.

I have been doing a lot of research when it comes to laptops. And i completely agree with Hameister. Not enough information is given. what's your budget. where do you plan to buy from (US, england, aus). Since your asking about windows 8. I think you should really understand what they designed win8 for: an entrance into the tablet market. as such, I would recommend getting a tablet/ultrabook hybrid of the sort. I do like the look of microsoft's surface Pro. but we don't have enough benchmarking info to really judge it. and the samsung's ative smart pc pro also looks nice. In reality, the price you want to pay will dictate the quality of the build to the specs of the comp. just my opinion. feel free to critique me.

Back
Top Bottom