What the heck is this??

osokk

In Runtime
Ok just the other day this image pops up on my desktop when i first boot up my pc. After that my internet has been super sluggish. I take the speed test and it passes very fast but it takes forever i mean forever to browse. I dont know what to do. Do any of you know what the heck this program is?

hmm.jpg

Also I got this trojan on my computer that i cant remove. I have tried using norton with the latest definitions, adaware, spybot and recently trojan remover and still it wont go away. My whole pc locks up really back and finally i have to restart it. Here is a pic of what norton says. Any of you good and removing trojans or know what this trojan is?

trojan.jpg

well heres what i found on the startup program: http://www.ntkrnl.com/products/securesuite/default.php

u can either delete it or type in msconfig in the run window (in the start menu) and look for something like ntkrnl and uncheck it.

and for the trojan problem, just search on google on how to delete it. i know there is a few programs out there. i just never had one myself so i cant really help

EDIT: or you can back up your files and reformat, but that deletes everything and its a pain. but thats the only way you know for sure the trojan will be gone.

for the Trojan, I'd recommend running Hi-jack this and seeing what that turns up.

it's most likely that it can't be removed, or access is denied because it's actually running, you could probably stop the process using task manager. and then delete the files that way.

for the program... is it just your computer? I mean I'd be fairly suspicious of a program that had a name like a windows system file that suddenly appeared without any kind of knowledge about it.

perhaps it's best to ask any other users why they've put that on there, and if nobody knows anything delete the program ASAP.

PuNkY said:
well heres what i found on the startup program: http://www.ntkrnl.com/products/securesuite/default.php

u can either delete it or type in msconfig in the run window (in the start menu) and look for something like ntkrnl and uncheck it.

and for the trojan problem, just search on google on how to delete it. i know there is a few programs out there. i just never had one myself so i cant really help

EDIT: or you can back up your files and reformat, but that deletes everything and its a pain. but thats the only way you know for sure the trojan will be gone.

i cant find the program in misconfig at all.

i did a windows reinstall and im still getting that ntk program on my computer.

You must have installed that program to get it to pop up all the time, have you checked its not in add/remove programs list ? if so just remove/ uninstall it. as for your trojan, why not quarintine it for now and in time norton updates should aquire a fix for it, if your still not happy do a full xp format.

blackjack said:
You must have installed that program to get it to pop up all the time, have you checked its not in add/remove programs list ? if so just remove/ uninstall it. as for your trojan, why not quarintine it for now and in time norton updates should aquire a fix for it, if your still not happy do a full xp format.

well as of right now its still on my pc but its not sluggish anymore. im going to run norton overnight and see if that fixes it. i did however run trend micro house call and found a troj_generic on my pc and deleted it.

i would just do a clean install of xp, if you dont have any important files. it would save you alot of frustration.

Back
Top Bottom