What was the first PC you got?

zero4zero

Daemon Poster
The first PC I got was a 386DX66, with a 100 Meg hard disk, 2 Meg video card, 8 Meg of Ram; a 5.5" floppy and also a 3.25": no cdrom and a 12 inch monitor. I was using windows 3.1 :rolleyes:
I had a 22.8k modem. Windows came on 5 or 6 diskettes and had explorer 3.0 that came with it. :D
I was lucky cause I had a brother in law who had Microsoft Office that I don't remember the version but it was on 28 diskettes, and it took quite a while to install; something like nearly 2 hours. :eek:
That was about 15 years ago. Are we ever lucky today :cool:

LOLZ that just makes me wanna laugh!

Anyone mine has something slow and crap... a Windows 95 i don't know ANYthing it had in it really

You want to laugh even more, I was given this system but about 5 years before that a 386 plain; with a 40 Meg hard drive, 2 5.5" floppies (ever saw the flexible type floppies)!, 128k (not Meg) of RAM, a 12 monochrome monitor was worth about $6500; I laugh myself. Read these if you want to laugh even more http://www.aximsite.com/boards/archive/index.php/t-3191.html
I will try to find the picture of the $6500 1980 PC, a real joke compared to todays PC.

i had this ballshit one and i have still got it it came with windows 95 but i really pushed it to xp

lol...well i've had many comps in me time, and i'm only 14. I think the first we ever had was a windows 95...haven't a clue what was in it though. Then one day my dad come home with an old comp from his boss for me. It was a win 3.1, i thought it was amazing at the time, (probly cus i got to have it in my bedroom) lol. Well i then buggerd that up by messing with the bios and accidentally setting a startup password so we scrapped that. We then replaced the win95 with a packard bell from pc world with 256mb ram, pentium 4 1.6, and xp home. This was the only comp we had in the house by now, and when our whole family are constanty trying to use it at the same time, i got fed up. So a m8 of mine mentioned his dad was selling a comp. He told me the specs and i ended up buying it for £150. It had a fuckin celeron 766, 192mb ram, 20gig hdd, and sum skanky onboard gfx that cud hardly play solitaire lol, and windows me. I upgraded it to xp, and stuck with that comp for a while. Then christmas came along...and i came accross a site called ebuyer that seemed to sell every god damn part you could ever need t build a comp. So guess what one of my xmas presents were? Yup...the comp i am on now i built myself with all parts off ebuyer apart from drives. Look in my sig for specs :)

bought in 95:
windows 95!
intel processor wouldnt like to look at the speed!
did have a 31/2 floppy n a cd rom drive
14inch monitor
4mb ram! later upgraded to 8 at a nice price!
a sound card ( in a massive port! must be old!)
must be integrated graphics like! cause i aint seeing no card!
and a 800mb hard drive!

anyway bought that in 95, well mum and dad did, was a packard bell, at a cost of £5000

well, in like 1992, my dad bouafght a $3000 gateway, that ran MS D0S man, it had all the cool games, Commander Keen, Tank Wars, all the coool ones, :rolling on the floor beating myself into an unwakable comma:

rat boy 100....
yeah ebuyer is good! personally i got bulk of my stuff from Overclockers Uk, i found them to be cheaper than ebuyer. Though i am just away to order from ebuyer, new ram and maybe a dvd writer if i can scrape together the cash!
and gota get some nice ebuyer fans! come on they like 50p each! :D

Back
Top Bottom