What to do..

Shantei

In Runtime
I really, really ... really want to get Radeon 4870 X2, whenever they're released, however I was going to wait for the Nehalem processors to be released before I upgraded. Would I be able to buy a motherboard which will be compatible with the, for example, Q6600 and then later upgrade to Nehalem? I highly doubt so ... but what a bitch of a situation. Any recommendations?

Nehalem is LGA 1366 and LGA 1160 and will not be compatible with LGA 775 mobos.

A 4870 X2 will be simply amazing, but what resolution do you run? Are you really gaming at 2560 x 1600 with your current rig. An X2 is only really justifiable when running at very high resolutions.

And at those high resolutions, your current CPU would not bottleneck much.

Nehalem is LGA 1366 and LGA 1160 and will not be compatible with LGA 775 mobos.

A 4870 X2 will be simply amazing, but what resolution do you run? Are you really gaming at 2560 x 1600 with your current rig. An X2 is only really justifiable when running at very high resolutions.

And at those high resolutions, your current CPU would not bottleneck much.

I consider my CPU to be low end now ^^ Surely it would be bottleneck? :(

And I simply can't wait for a X2 .. I hear they'll be Q3 now -.- .. but that now gives me hope for waiting for Nehalem.

Aye, I really will need a bigger monitor .. although 2560 x 1600 is a little bit ^^ .. probably next one down.

Aye, I really will need a bigger monitor .. although 2560 x 1600 is a little bit ^^ .. probably next one down.
At 1920x1200, there is absolutely no need for an X2, a single HD 4870 or even a HD 4850 will do fine. The HD 48xx series is doing excellent at the higher resolutions.

Back
Top Bottom