what did they build crysis with?

kostonbleeds

In Runtime
does anyone know what they used for machines to build this game??? if nothing exists that can run it on max settings, i know companies prolly have crazy super comps, but come'on with did they design it for if nothing can play it maxed out and get decent FPS? did they use some futuristic super computer that takes real life and sucks it into a virtual world? WTF?

I think they simply dub it the "Cry Engine 2"

I'm assuming what they did was create as good a game as possible and add in all kinds of extras that are current cpu's and gpu's have a tough time rendering/calculating. Then when new stuff comes out we can go back and enjoy the game again with all kinds of stuff we missed on the first go. IE added detail better explosions etc.

They could have simply done away with very high settings and left high as the max and nobody would have been complaining. Its the fact theres settings that people can't currently play at which creates a buzz around the game. I think thats a big part of it. They hopped the game up and word gets out there's this crazy game that bogs hi end computers down at ultra high graphic details and naturally people want to see how it runs on there computers.

Here is a video of all the features of the engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AlP2IKpOv8

^^^^^^^ what was that big explosion right at the end of that video, did i miss something important in crysis? or was it just a demo?

they prob maxed it used 3 ultra 8800
and the new 45nm quad from intel and 4G ram
then they prob over clocked every thing as high as possible

they prob maxed it used 3 ultra 8800
and the new 45nm quad from intel and 4G ram
then they prob over clocked every thing as high as possible

Tri-SLI wasn't even possible back then. Plus an 8800 would suck at video rendering needed to create that stuff. You need a workstation card like ace linked to.

i can max it out at 1680x1050 and get goodish FPS for the first half of the game. havnt tried the last half. the patch and latest nVidia drivers have helped alot

Back
Top Bottom