What Card should i choose?

RombieFitch1

Solid State Member
I'm building a gaming rig and have two EVGA GTX 570 in sli, but i would love another card to be dedicated just to physics. What card should i get? does it have to be Direct X 11 compatible? I'm trying not to spend too much money.

One more thing. I bought the corair h70 cooler and it comes with the thermal compund already on the sink. Should i remove it and put artic silver or just leave it be?

Here are my specs:

Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield (Stock speed for now)
Corsair H70 cpu cooler
ASUS Rampage III Formula Motherboard
CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 6GB DDR3 2000 CMT6GX3M3A2000C8
Antec Lanboy Blue Case
1x Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAC128MAG-1G1 128GB
2x Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 3.5
2x EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 570
KINGWIN LZG-1000 GOLD 1000W
ASUS VE278Q Black 27" Monitor

a GTS 250 or a 450
but i dont see why you would need a dedicated card for physics when you have 2 570s

Most cards nowadays can handle the physics processing as well. I wouldn't see the point of spending more, especially when they're in SLI (Which means you have two!) What I'd do in my opinion is that I would get another screen.

I'm trying not to spend too much money.
:rolleyes:

I'd go with a simple 250, I don't think it needs to be DirectX 11 compatible but anything newer will be anyway, so not really a big deal there. Like the others have said, dual 570's should be ample. Not that many games to my knowledge even use physics that intensively yet.. but I may be behind the times a bit.

Back
Top Bottom