What brand of router to go with?

sk8tr4lf1989

Baseband Member
I currently have a Netgear Router, I don't have the model in front of me but it is white with a clear face where it lights up to show the connections. This thing has given me nothing but problems so far from the internet randomly not working with firefox, to randomly shutting the internet off from me from all the computers while the modem is still lit up and active. I have an older linksys that I am going to set up for the time being to see how that runs. What brand do you think is the best? I will mostly use it for web browsing and games. I'm almost positive I'm going to stay away from netgear so what other one would you perfer? Either D-Link or Linksys.

I personally like Netgear - but if it can't be a netgear, then i'd go with Linksys over D-Link.

Draytek are supposed to be good - but they can be pricey.

I personally like Netgear - but if it can't be a netgear, then i'd go with Linksys over D-Link.

Draytek are supposed to be good - but they can be pricey.

I use to like netgear also. This router has been a nightmare though. My grandfather has the same brand and had none stop trouble with his also. He went to Linksys and the problems went away. It may of just been that brand or version of router as it is an older router.

I always use D-link, never had a problem with their higher end models. using DIR 655 right now, been going strong for a year and a half.

D-Link has seemed to go down in quality by my experiences. VPN connections through them are hit or miss, even when configured properly.

My personal preference is Linksys, but I have been hearing good thinks about Asus routers recently.

Back
Top Bottom