What are the best anti-spyware, anti-virus and firewall software out now?

Fisher

Fully Optimized
What are the best anti-spyware, anti-virus and firewall software out? and i dont mean freeware (unless it is the best) i mean the best out there, that a normal person can afford.

Well, I use Spy Sweeper, Nod32, and Outpost Pro...

I don't think there is any "best", everyone has their own opinions on the matter.

Probably a good idea to try out a number of different AS, AV, FW programs and see which ones suit your needs best.

Your asking a very big question there. As we all know, there are loads of anit-virus protection and spyware programs out there and alot of testing has come into play.

I have used and install alot of virus protection and have found that Norton is the worst. Now the reason i say that is becuase norton is a space hungry program, it will use alot of space on your PC with app's you dont even need and its a pain in the butt to totally uninstall. I found NOD32 or TrentMirco are one of the best out there. NOD32 does what its told and is easy to use. TrentMirco is a good program becuase it comes with Virus protection/ Spyware protection and Firewall.

If you want your own spyware program - Both Spybot 1.4 and Adaware are free and leading the market. Microsoft Spyware protection is good, but like everything Microsoft you will need to pay. Hope that helped

McAfee Virus Scan, McAFee Firewall, Spyware Nuker, NoAdware, Ashampoo Antispyware, Windows Defender.

All of the above except Windows Defender cost money. I have McAfee Security Center so that's why I have those two McAfee software. The Security sweet comes with a privacy protector and spam blocker, but the spam thing doesn't allow me to recieve any emails at all and the privacy thing just screws itself up on me.

Those are all of the ones I use on my rigs. All are very good.

I tried Avast and it really is good. It even blocks spywares.

NOD32 is alright, but I haven't tried it long enough.

Norton is GH3Y
MCafee is...meh, not good enough

AVG doesn't seem to be bad but the free edition WILL NOT delete the virus in the full scans.

Panda is good, but a little...annoying.

Ad-Aware SE is good, but it doesn't really tackle crap.
Spybot is amazing

Back
Top Bottom