What?!?!?! 1TB hard drive is here!!

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Seagate has confirmed to the folks over at DailyTech, that they plan to launch a 1TB (Terabyte) hard drive sometime in the first half of 2007. The monster drive will make use of Seagate's perpendicular recording technology, made popular by their 7200.10 series desktop drives. More information over at DailyTech.

"Seagate's 1TB hard drive will be our second generation 3.5-inch hard drive to feature capacity-boosting perpendicular recording technology, and it will use fewer heads and discs than similar-capacity products we expect to see from our competitors. It is clear that fewer heads and discs, along with our proven perpendicular technology, can increase drive reliability, and also reduce operating temperatures, power consumption, noise, and weight."

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=5582

wow, a bunch of new things coming out, new 360, and 1TB hdd, I wonder how much it will cost...

VirtualDrone said:
I thought that there was already 1TB hdd out?

same here... i have been hearing rumors for a while that one was already out. not necisarily by seagate, but i heard one was out.

they probably where out to the governement and the private sector but not yet for the public , Plus i think it will cost about £300 which is about $180 as a 750GB seagate costs about £200 or $120

hasnt hitachi already launched a 1tb hardrive or is that still to come as well?

muz379 said:
they probably where out to the governement and the private sector but not yet for the public , Plus i think it will cost about £300 which is about $180 as a 750GB seagate costs about £200 or $120

you mean £300 is about $580.

Back
Top Bottom